Infants And toddlers are a source of joy and happiness to a family, but they’re quite prone to accidents. They are at a stage where they could walk around and explore, but they not really aware of dangers or rodents around them. That’s the reason it is the responsibility of their parents or guardians and Salem Animal Control to make sure that the homes toddlers and toddlers live in are safe and child-friendly. Here we will look into some of the common accident places in the home and discuss how you can make them safer for your children.
The Stairs is the very first one you should inspect. The danger of becoming careless when using stairs requires no excuse. Even adults easily get injured when they move down and up the staircase recklessly. And the injuries from stair-related mishaps are often serious. Below are a few ways to produce stairs safer.
· Adding a slip-proof matting on person Actions
· Including a soft rubber mat on the Specific place where the stair finishes on the bottom to reduce injury
· Teaching children stair security
· Placing a non-slip grip on the stair grips
Electricity Is very important to our modern society, but they are not supposed to come into contact with human skin since they can cause flood accidents. Most adults know better than to poke their bare hands inside an electrical outlet, but not children. One of the typical causes of child injuries is electrocution. So if you have kids, ensure your electrical outlets are safe.
· Installing power outlet covers help a whole lot in keeping your child safe particularly if the socket isn’t being used.
· Covering outlets with furniture so it is Hard to reach by children
The Danger in the toilet is falling. Young and older men and women may fall prey to the lack of friction due to wet tiles that are wet. But sometimes, there is no way around it. Bathroom tiles can get wet and slippery. Here is what you could do.
· Place anti-slip plastic or rubber mats on the bathroom floor
· Change the tiles together with anti-slip tiles through renovation
· Add a soft pillow onto the corners of the sink along with rubber cushion on the toilet seat to avoid injuries.
· Make certain that the soap is secured in the tray so that it does not accidentally fall off and cause an accident.
· Make certain that the oven has child security features in order that they can’t open it and come indoors.
· Secure knives in high areas so kids can not reach it.
Cabinets, Shelves, Corners of Tables and Posts
Children Love to research because of them everything is new, an experience, but the cabinets and shelves aren’t areas for them to try to climb. Be sure that the shelves and cabinets are secured by the wall behind so they won’t drop down in case a child does grow up on them. The corners of tables and chairs as well should have cushions if a child hits their head.
Which may put their lives in danger.